Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1 of the Dany Boy trailer is IN THE CAN

What a joy film making can be.

On Sunday I got together with a few old pros and some of my students from Toronto Film School to film part of a trailer for the film Dany Boy, which I'm trying to finance with a view to directing.

Everyone donated their time, including the incredible cast who were working under an ACTRA co-op arrangement.  We didn't have catering, but I bought everyone Swiss Chalet for lunch.

We shot on a Canon 60D DSLR, which shoots HD video.  It's a slick camera with a nice image, though it's still camera shape doesn't make it easy to move if you want to.  (We couldn't borrow a shoulder brace which would have helped.)  But it's still going to look fantastic.

Day 2 is scheduled for the last Sunday in March.  Keep watching this space, I'll post the finished trailer here when it's done!

No comments: