Friday, August 20, 2010

Dany Boy gets a reading

Last night, a group of talented actors performed the latest draft of Dany Boy for an invited audience.

This is a script I've been developing since I read the first draft during my time as screenwriter-in-residence at the Toronto Public Library 2 years ago.  Since then, I've worked with the talented writer, Imthiyaz Hameed, through 6 more drafts.  The collaboration has been one of those good ones where you don't have to spend a lot of time trying to communicate, but where each of us takes off where the other one left.

I'm thrilled with how well the reading went - especially as it was essentially a cold read by the actors.  But they're all pros and I just want to thank them publicly for donating their time.  Thank you, Sarena Parmar, Lisa Norton, Sanjay Talwar, Karan Oberoi and Pragna Desai!

The reading was a great launch into the financing phase.

No comments: